Monday, May 26, 2014

this beach and i had a fling;)

it is no secret that i am a lover
of the ocean.
i search them out and feel lost when i haven't been to one often.
my bucket list includes dipping my toes in all the major oceans of the world
(i have done so in 5 so far)

so when we stumbled upon this black sand beach,
inhabited by no one but us 
i kinda, sorta, lost my mind with happiness.
 
this is when i noticed he was taking photos.
i was unaware my ocean frolicking was being documented.

 i think what was most amazing about this day and this beach
 in Costa Rica
was that it was completely unplanned.
my wandering spirit was alive and well and all i wanted/needed to do was get
into our little rental vehicle and drive.
drive where we had never been before and without a plan.
we were hot and sticky and some of us were doubtful of 
my plan to go,
well, nowhere.

we found paradise.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. This. This is what travelling and exploring is all about. Love it!

    - Dorothea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nowhere is vast! what a wonderful place to connect. I remember ending up on a vast beach on my own at the end of a trip to Columbia (years ago) it was such an amazing feeling, just me and the whole ocean! Love the pictures, Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photographs + your words = perfect window into the thrill of your discovery. What amazing memories. I'm so glad you three went to Costa Rica!!! My wandering spirit acknowledges and greets the wandering spirit in you (loose translation of Namaste?!). <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yeah! I'm coming in late, but totally agreeing with all the above comments ;)

    ReplyDelete