Wednesday, October 24, 2012

i can't help but wonder...

 
last night we watched
Tangled
because
we are just that tired
and
it was easy to access
and occasionally
a Disney movie can be a distraction.
 
honestly
i get embarrassed at how easily i cry at any movie
so
when i watch a
movie that is meant for the under 10 set
and i am reduced to a pile of mush
well,
i just stop watching movies
mostly.
 
{sensitive much?}
 
anyhow,
last night i was impressed with myself.
the movie was a distraction but i wasn't totally immersed
because after all,
it is Disney
and I am 40 something
 and
I was having alot of fun
deconstructing
a beautiful magazine for my journal.
 
until the end.
the scene where the lost princess
is reunited with her mother and father
who haven't seen her since she was a baby
 
now,
I know that Disney is a master at manipulating emotions
and their doe eyed women are so well animated that
i can get sucked right in...
 
but it was more than that...
there was a "knowing" in the eyes of the mother
i could sense it...
{they did it well..that scene}
 
 
 she hadn't seen her child in 18 long years.
and there was an immediate connection
 
and i found myself
in tears,
briefly
 wondering
 
would it be like that?
would my birth mother look into my eyes and know that i was once hers
just that easily...
 
or is that just  the magic of Disney?

2 comments:

  1. Love and light, Tania... I don't know. I think that answer is one you may never know. But You are SO LOVED right now, right where you are! I hope that fills a spot in your heart even with out the other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably not "just that easily" - compare it to Disney-style 'falling-in-love' - but surely there would be some connection, not just like meeting a stranger. What have you read about other people's experiences? The only woman I know who has reunited with her birth mother did it because it was the dying wish of her "real" mother - she herself was quite ambivalent about it at first. But it's been a beautiful experience for both of them, with several half-siblings thrown in for a bonus. Still...it sounds pretty terrifying!

    Well-done children's movies make me cry, too.

    ReplyDelete