Wednesday, October 10, 2012

fragile

 
fragile happens to me
when i have forgotten.
i have been so busy loving on others and keeping my days filled to the brim
that i have forgotten
forgotten to remember me.
i have neglected the me
the girl that still has the tiny voice
whispering
"take time..take time"
 
i find it easy to love others
and i delight in the moments.
i wouldn't trade them for anything
yet
i need to also love on myself.
daily.
those moments of tea at starbucks,
the getting lost in the library moments
they are missed when i forget i love them
and need them.
 
we speak of self love
and i listen
to myself and others
 i listen well
but the words don't always sink in
it would seem.
 i will for a few days, or weeks even
take greater care
of my health
my heart
my soul
my mind
 
but then i let myself get squeezed out again
and i become
fragile.
 
today is a fragile day.
this is not a suprise to me
because while i may lack in consistent
self love
i am very self aware 
recognizing the patterns in my life..
 
weeks filled with love filled experiences
leaves little time for
self love.
 
today
i spent all morning in my journal
as this helps repair me
 
today
i listened to worship music and sang along
because despite not attending a house of worship
i have a rock solid love affair with my Jesus.
this repairs me.
 
today
i ignore the dishes, and the canner sitting on the stove
from my burst of energy yesterday, 
i don't worry about dinner plans
and i consider having a bath in the middle of the day.
these actions repair me.
 
 
today i choose to seek out beauty
in my surrounding
 in myself and others.
today i deliver gifts and mail letters.
these offerings of love repair me
(because my heart truly is happiest when i am giving to others.)
these little moments didn't result in my fragile state growing but instead
helped me feel strong again.
weary still?
yes,
of course,
but
 stronger
 than the fragile girl i began my day with
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment