Wednesday, March 30, 2011

rituals...

March 30, 2011
Dear Suzy,
so i have notice that i value rituals in my life.
not the traditional rituals that pop into the mind when you hear the word,
but rituals that personally define my day.
tania's day.
rituals such as tea with honey before anything else each morning.
quietly whispering to myself,
"this is the day the lord has made. I WILL rejoice and be glad in it"
each morning.
the ritual of my gratitude journal each evening before i go to sleep.
some nights i struggle to write more than one or two items,
but i dig. i dig deep until i can fill that page.
rituals like making sure each of my children have had a piece of my time
and i have given them a piece of my heart before i end my day.
rituals like blogging with you.
who would have thought
and this week of not blogging has thrown me for a bit of a loop and i almost forgot!
yikkes!
rituals have value i think
they slow me down, create comfort and stability.
there are some rituals that are less than pleasant in my life these days.
rituals like taking my medicine each morning.
rituals like monitoring my symptoms, my food intake and all that.
rituals that i dislike strongly but participate in because they are the right thing to do.
what are your rituals suzy?
love tania


No comments:

Post a Comment